JA BizTown Summer Camp!
Who: Students who will be in 5th-8th grade in the 2022/2023 school year (max 85 students per week).
When: Two distinct camp sessions, Monday June 12 - Friday June 16 and Monday June 19 - Friday 23. Camp is 9am-3pm each day. You may sign your student up for one or both weeks.
Where: Junior Achievement of Central Ohio, 68 E. 2nd Avenue, Columbus, OH 43201
Cost: $300 per student per week
What: A lot of fun and learning!
JA BizTown Summer Camp gives kids the opportunity to experience what it's like to work in a job and run a business. Camp concepts include:
- Entrepreneurship – brainstorming ideas and bringing them to life
- Job preparation – applying for and interviewing for a job
- Business expenses – what are they and how businesses cover costs
- Marketing – why and how to communicate your products or services
- Customer service – why it's important to business success
- Tradeoffs – what to do when business resources are limited
- Making money for a business – how costs and sales affect profit and loss
- Teamwork – working with a group to reach a goal
- Personal banking – using a checkbook to pay for things you need or want
2023 JA BizTown Summer Camp - Week 1!
2023 JA BizTown Summer Camp - Week 1! For rising 5th through 8th grade students, no previous JA BizTown experience required.
2023 JA BizTown Summer Camp - Week 2!
2023 JA BizTown Summer Camp - Week 2! For rising 5th through 8th grade students, no previous JA BizTown experience required.