JA BizTown - Central Ohio
Simulated Learning Programs
Innovative | Bold | Relevant
After learning about money, businesses, and jobs at school, 5th graders enjoy a day-long visit to JA BizTown, where they experience being an adult for the day. Volunteers guide students as they operate banks, manage restaurants, write checks, and vote for mayor, helping students connect the dots between what they learn in school and the real world.
- The roles they play as citizens, workers, and consumers in their community and relate those roles to the free enterprise system
- The importance of citizen rights and responsibilities in a community
- Basics of the free enterprise system
- Money management skills and practical knowledge of economic concepts and banking practices
- Basic business practices and responsibilities
- Soft skills necessary for successful participation in the world of work.
How You Can Participate
Select a button below to see how you or your organization can get involved with Junior Achievement of Central Ohio.Donate Volunteer Request A Program